My first post of this new year is a good one! I’m so pleased to announce that I’ve entered Danni Saw This into the UK Blog Awards for the second year running. Voting is open until 25th January 2016, and I would be so grateful if you would please vote for me. I’m nominated in two categories; Lifestyle and Arts and Culture and the link below let’s you place one vote for each category everyday (so please share with friends and family!):
Please click here to Vote for Danni Saw This
Over the past year the blog has really grown into it’s own and it would be fantastic to see how my readers feel about it to, so please,please vote for Danni Saw This!
A massive thank you! x
Happy New Year everyone! 2016 is going to be the year where I take a chance and make things happen, you never know where it will lead. I’m even introducing a hashtag for the year; #takeachance
Even though I didn’t achieve all my goals I set out for 2015, my blog still grew and went from strength to strength. This year I’m going to push it even harder. Watch this space.
Merry Christmas to all my lovely readers and fellow bloggers! I hope you all have a lovely holiday spent with friends and family and I’ll see you all in 2016!
Merry Christmas, Danni x
This is the first time I’ve written such a personal post and I was in two minds whether to do it, but then I thought, why not. You see I’m having trouble blogging, I’ve got blogging block if that’s what you want to call it and it’s been with me for quite some time. It hasn’t helped that my mac broke and I’ve been trying to set up a new one with no Photoshop/InDesign or iPhoto. I’ve also been writing posts over the last few weeks that I’m not 100% happy with, which I know is the cardinal sin as a blogger and for which I can only apologise for. Enough of the excuses Danni!
So I decided to take last week off from blogging, I was going to London for a few days and instead of pre-planning posts I decide to have a clean break, get refreshed and then get back to blogging. But as I sit here ready to write my posts I am yet again, staring at a blank page with no inspiration and nothing to write about.
My blog has been in existence for two years, which in blogging terms is still relatively new. My blog has a steady stream of viewers, with numbers slowly increasing, but for me it’s not enough. What I hear you cry, are you mad woman?! Yes I’m mad. The thing is I put myself under a lot of pressure to create something good, to make each post better than the last and to not let you guys down and I think it’s finally caught up with me.
Blogging isn’t my full-time job, being a graphic designer is my day job (which I love) and blogging is my hobby, and a hobby that I’d absolutely love to turn into a full time job and I think this is what’s frustrating me the most. At the moment I don’t have a lot of time to devote solely to my blog, and it makes me sad that I can’t offer you guys the posts that I REALLY want to do. Like writing posts with more original content, attend events/launches to share with you, travel more etc, etc! I think I’m concentrating on this too much and it’s having a negative effect – blogging block! I’ve attended a few blogging events and meet ups to try and figure this all out, to hear why other people blog and what they want to achieve with their blog. From this I’ve realised that they blog for them and they don’t put themselves under any pressure to blog all the time.
Ok, how to turn all this into a massive positive so I can get back on track and start to enjoy blogging again… Let’s go back to the basics and why I started to blog in the first place – to show you guys the quirkier things in life that you may not realise are there. For my love of interiors. For my daily photos. It’s ok if I want to post three times a week and it doesn’t matter if I miss a post one week. It’s ok if I’d like to make this a full-time thing, even if others don’t. It’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok!
Happy Birthday to me! Danni Saw This turns 2 today! It feels like only yesterday that I was celebrating my first year of blogging and feeling amazed that I’d made it through a whole year. It’s been another busy year of blogging and again, I’ve learnt so much about the blogging world and I feel, I hope you guys do too, that my posts are stronger and I’m (slowly) getting better at networking and pushing the blog more, even if I keep apologising for it! I’ve attended a few blogging events and last Saturday I attended my first bloggers meet up, where I met up with 6 lovely Yorkshire based bloggers, who inspired me to keep pushing forward with my blog.
As you know I started this blog because of my love of quirkiness and of wanting to share it with you all and that hasn’t changed, in fact I feel even stronger about this and I’m going to continue sharing my love of the unusual, along with some great products from our great British designers thrown into the mix!
I wonder where’ll I’ll be in another year’s time, I can’t wait to see ow much I’ll have grown and I hope you continue to enjoy my posts. As they say, if you envisage it, it will happen. Shoot for the stars!
A couple of weeks ago I was asked by the lovely blogger Carpe Diem Emmie to share 10 things I love and 10 things I hate (or dislike for me), you can see her post here. I thought this was a lovely way to get to know a little more about me, and with Danni Saw This turning 2 at the end of the month I thought it was the perfect opportunity to write this post. Ok here goes, in no particular order…
10 Things I Love…
1. Photography, especially iPhoneography. I like the limits my phone has when taking photos, therefor I have to work harder to achieve the image I want. Once the image is right in the camera I’m happy.
2. Disney. Aaah I just love Disney, ok you’ve got me, I’m obsessed with Disney and Aladdin is my favourite film. I love the parks too, unfortunately I’ve only visited Disneyland Paris, but I’m getting around to the others!
3. America, yup another obsession of mine and I try to go whenever I can afford to. I like to think that New York is my adoptive home.
4. Crisps – salt and vinegar please. I’ll take crisps over chocolate any day.
5. Graphic Design. My job, my hobby, my love.
6. Music. I’ve never know a time when I haven’t been listening to music. It’s a big part of me and I’d be so lost without music.
7. Reading. Give me a good crime thriller and I’ll be gone for hours, especially if it’s set in America!
8. Pinterest is a hobby of mine, Yes I’m claiming it’s a hobby. I’ve always been an image hoarder and I was forever printing picture out to keep when I was younger. Now I can do it online!
9. Stationery. Yes I do need that new notebook to add to my collection.
10. Research. I could spend most of my days researching things, I love collecting information, especially if it’s for a holiday, event or restaurant.
10 Things I Dislike
1. Sand. I know it’s a strange one, but I don’t like the feel of it, especially when it’s wet, bleurgh!
2. Lateness. I don’t like being late for any reason, I find it frustrating.
3. Anxiety. It’s just a big pain in the arse and I wish there was a cure, but there isn’t so in the meantime running and yoga help to beat it into a corner it can’t escape from!
4. X Factor. I have too much to say on this subject, but I won’t, so I’ll narrow it down to the point of… I don’t like manufactured bands/groups that want instant fame. Work for it, the rest of us have to!
5. The thought of going to a gym. No thank you, I’m not paying to put myself through that. I like running and that’s all you’re getting from me.
6. Ice cream. What I hear you cry! I have sensitive teeth so it hurts too much to eat it and also it’s too sweet for my taste. I’ll have a packets of crisps instead.
7. TV soaps. I just find them annoying and I can’t even explain why.
8. Outer Space just scares me a little, all that unknown and undiscovered vastness – eeek!
9. Comic Sans – as something I once read said ‘Comic sans should only be used by 8 year old girls writing about unicorns’.
10. Olives. I’ve tried to like them, but I don’t. Maybe as I grow (even) older my tastes my change and I’ll grow to love them??
Illustration courtesy and copyright to Blanka Biernat and looks just like me, I even wear those glasses and my hair is occasionally in a bun!
As a special birthday treat I’m launching a competition for your chance to win a Danni Saw This original print.
There will be 3 lucky winners and all you have to do is head over to my Folksy page and then tell me which is your favourite print. You can enter via the comments below, on my Danni Saw This Facebook page or send me a tweet on Twitter. The competition closes on Monday 18th May and the 3 winners will each receive an original print.
All that’s left to say is thank you good luck!